Egremont Rugby Union overcome Windermere Rugby Union in ten try bonanza.

Egremont Rugby Union on the charge.

Egremont Rugby Union on the charge.

Returning to Bleach Green after away trips to Workington and Millom, Egremont welcomed Windermere Rugby Union Club.

Egremont were in there second kit with Windermere in yellow and black.

The action started straight from kick off as Egremont applied pressure to the Windermere defence.

Collecting the spilled ball Egremont drove forward and Graham Temple crashed over for the first try of the game in what was to be an action packed first half.

Egremont tried to dominate the visitors but Windermere’s pack were usually the stronger and errors at the break down lead to frustration building on and off the pitch.

When Windermere kicked a penalty Egremont’s Jimmy Temple responded with their second try of the game.

The game then became a scrappy affair as Windermere looked for a way through which after some quick passing and missed tackles they did.

Frustration then reached boiling point and the recently returned Michael Quirk bore the brunt.

Running at the Windermere defence Quirk broke one tackle before being pulled back for what the referee saw as him leading with his elbow and ended the half in the sin bin.

This act only made Egremont more focused and on the stroke of half time Callum Aitken went over for their third try.

Coming out after half time a man down and one try head Egremont would be looking to survive an early Windermere onslaught.

The opposite happened as Egremont scored three more tries through Graham Temple, Michael Quirk and Cameron Moore before Windermere mustered a response.

Egremont manged one more try through Josh Graves.

While defending their line Egremont’s Craig Peet was repeatedly warned about being offside and was sin binned for the final minutes.

In the final minute of the match Egremont’s defence lost focus and in trying to keep the ball alive they passed it straight to a Windermere player who ran it in for the final try of the game.

This made the final score 39 – 20.

Egremont maintained second place with four games left and a two point gap to Workington Zebras.

After the winter storms Keswick in third have three games in hand on the top two but have to play both of them in the final run in.

The next match is a home tie against Creighton on Saturday March 19.